In the video below, found on the NRDC website, the American Society of Landscape Architects provides a terrific introduction to the whole notion of urban farming. Having set the stage for the subject matter, they use animation techniques to depict a variety of ways that cities can accommodate farming in public spaces, rooftop gardens, backyard gardening and much more. A wonderful video! For more information on these subjects, also, check out the links below the video.
- Transforming a derelict city building into vertical gardens for nearby residents (February 20, 2012)
- DC charity develops large rooftop garden to serve the city (April 20, 2011)
- ‘Peace Gardens’ bring needy communities together, ‘saving our own neighborhood’ (August 9, 2010)
- ‘Urban farming’ is not always the right answer (May 20, 2010)
- City gardens that respect the urban fabric (July 15, 2009)